Answering Some California CDL FAQs

With an increasing number of people opting for truck driving as a career, at CDL California we are bombarded by a lot of California CDL FAQs. Although there are many sites on the Web professing to possess “insider’s info” on the queries of the trucking hopefuls, it seems that people prefer us when it comes to answering their California CDL FAQs. In all our years of being in business, we have discovered that most trucking aspirants are curious to know the answers to the following California CDL FAQs:

What are the age restrictions for obtaining the CDL?

Not surprisingly, this is one of the most common of all California CDL FAQs. According to the laws in California, you must be at least 18 years old to possess a driving license and be considered eligible to apply for a CDL. However, only license holders who are above 21 years of age can drive commercial vehicles across state boundaries or transport hazardous materials that require placards.

What kind of vehicles can I drive after I get my CDL?

There also arises California CDL license FAQs regarding the kind of vehicles that you can operate after getting your CDL. This depends on the specific class of your license. For instance,

• If you hold a Class A license, you can drive any legal combination of commercial vehicles.

• If you hold a Class B license, you can drive a bus or a farm labor vehicle with endorsement, a vehicle with GVRW that is more than 26,000 pounds, and a three-axle vehicle that has a weight of more than 6,000 pounds. A Class B license holder can also drive any Class C non-commercial vehicle.

• If you hold a Class C license, you can carry hazardous materials that require placards but with endorsement.

Can my chiropractor sign my medical examination report?

Another one of the most common California CDL FAQs surrounds the topic of choosing a healthcare provider who can complete your medical report. As per the California Vehicle Code, the medical report must either be signed by a qualified and registered medical doctor (M.D.) or an osteopath (D.O.). This rule applies also to drivers who operate school buses, para-transit vehicles for the general public, youth activity buses, and farm labor vehicles.

So, now that you have the answers to some oft-asked California CDL FAQs, it is time you got yourself enrolled in a reputable truck driving school to begin your preparations for the CDL test. Because you live in California, there can be no better choice than TDA Drivers. Call us at 1-800-878-2537 to know about the admission procedure at TDA Drivers.

Click here to submit your review.

Submit your review
* Required Field

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.